Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Church consolidates European Areas —averagejoe

Maybe someoene brought this up and I missed it but from Aug 1st the Europe West & Europe East Areas are being merged. This means that in the last ten years have gone from three areas, down to one.

We all knew that the church has been shinking in Europe, Monson admitted it once at a German conference I was at. I think this re-organisation is indactive of a real malaise. Growing businesses don't consolidate their structures. Businesses in trouble do.

I notice too that they've done the same thing in Australia, I don't know much about the situation there but I'm guessing it must be similar.

Link to press release:
https://www.lds.org.uk/news_details.php?id=768&ntp=1

Equality wrote:
I prophesy that you will see a lot more quoting of 1 Nephi 14:12:

Quote:
12 And it came to pass that I beheld the church of the Lamb of God, and its numbers were few, because of the wickedness and abominations of the whore who sat upon many waters; nevertheless, I beheld that the church of the Lamb, who were the saints of God, were also upon all the face of the earth; and their dominions upon the face of the earth were small, because of the wickedness of the great whore whom I saw.

The last time I heard that verse quoted, I was a TBM visiting the Church of Christ (Temple Lot) visitors center in Missouri. Our guide was none other than the prophet himself, who wrote revelations in his journal and doubled as the visitors center tour guide. I'm sorry I don't remember his name.

No comments: