Monday, April 14, 2008

DH against anti-mo’s —kylindigo

Hello,

I am new to this site and haven't posted much. I have been reading alot of the posts just to get a sense of everyone. Anyway my exmo DH doesn't seem to like it very much. Says he hates anti-mo's as much as TBM's. I tried to explain that it is not all negative just people trying to relate. I feel like I'm cheating sometimes because if I happen to have this site up on the computer when he comes around I feel guilty and he acts mad. He is exmo but very much not anti-mo. I think he still believes JS is a prophet. If I say anything bad and I say alot he defends instead of agrees. He doesn't go to church because he doesn't believe that you have to be in a brick building to worship. He would rather commune with nature. Just had to get this off my mind. Any advice?
I would suggest trying to find out why he thinks religion should get a free pass. If it's just the term "anti-Mormon" that rankles him I hope he can come to understand what WFS said, that we are not anti-Mormons; we all have Mormons we love. Other "power questions" that are helpful in getting people to apply critical thinking to Mormonism:

If the LDS church were not what it claims to be, would you want to know?

If the LDS church were not what it claims to be, how would you know?

Welcome to the board, kylindigo.

No comments: