Friday, September 26, 2008

I am SO confused about what I believe! I can't get out of my head what I was raised.? —☆Jaimé☆

I was raised as a Mormon. I am 16 years old and I don't want that anymore. Once I move out at 18 I want to wear tank tops and never visit an LDS church again.
I am struggling to forget what I was raised. I was raised that the mormon church is true, everything they says is true...But I don't want to got to Heaven or Hell, I don't want to believe there is a God...How do I get that out of my head? I mean, I kind of believe it, but I don't want to. I don't want to believe God is controling my life, that I am part of his plan. I want my own plan. I don't want to believe in him...Can I get this out of my head?
/Jaime

Additional Details

Oh wow, you guys are all so nice! I'm going to email you all to thank you! I was worried about the responces I would get, but you've all been so nice, thank you!
/Jaime
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE TANK TOP PEOPLE! I was just giving you an example!!! I'm not leaving the LDS religion FOR AN Fing TANK TOP!
Isn't it weird that a 16-year-old's apathy toward religion sends all the Mormon responders into defensive "testifying" mode? 'But it IS true! Really!' You are one powerful young lady. Cool

Have you tried joining an online support group? The most well-known is PostMormon.org. It really isn't easy to get disentangled from something as all-encompassing as Mormonism. Give yourself time to work through this, and for the Mormons who care about you to adjust to the new you.

And if you really want to get out from under the whole God paradigm, I suggest you tell him so yourself. I'm serious. If your experience is anything like mine he'll cower and hide. Or maybe try out a new god who really kicks butt, like Thor. Or better yet, Mr. Deity (who also happens to be a former Mormon).

Source(s):

No comments: