Saturday, August 9, 2008

Should I join the Mormon church? Why or why not? —mckenzie j
I just want to see what you think about it.
Hey, at least when you ask on Y!A you get answers, huh? But no, there's only a small minority of people out there who I believe are truly better off as Mormons. Like other religions, Mormonism attempts to insulate itself from scrutiny by telling you to focus on good feelings, not rely on your intellect, and stay away from ideas that will challenge your faith. How that deliberate closedmindedness can possibly be a virtue I'll never understand.

[Sorry if that's too hard to read. Try clicking here.]

And meanwhile it appropriates every good thing in your life and tells you these things are a result of your belief, until believers start saying things like, "I don't know where I'd be without this church." This while filling people with guilt over all sorts of perceived offenses and sins of omission--feelings which only your faith can help you overcome. Mormonism is the poison and the cure.

No comments: